Listen to Michael's brief audio message as he describes his roadmap for boosting your business profits!

Testimonials

Loading Quotes...
Jun

The 10 Commandments of Online Business

By

10 Commandments of Online Business

I’ve been making my living online now for almost 5 years.
For a good part of that time, I was pretty clueless.

In fact, I bought my FIRST computer just 10 years ago. I
was so technically challenged, that when the salesperson
asked me what I was going to be using my computer for, with
a dumb look on my face, I replied, “Uh, computing I guess.”

I lost TONS of money the first 2 years by not knowing the
first thing about what I was doing.

Online marketing “gurus” licked their chops when I was
on their list.

Luckily, I sorted things out before I jumped off my
balcony.

Now, by far, the most popular questions I get asked, revolve
around “short-cut” secrets to success.

To which I reply, “O.K., here is a secret…. THEIR ARE
NO SHORT-CUTS TO SUCCESS!!”

None.

There are, however, actions you can take, beliefs that
you can embrace, skills you can learn, and attitudes you
can assume, that will help you succeed 100% of the time.

I refer to them as my “10 Commandments of Online Business”,

Go ahead and check them out….

1) It’s about putting yourself out there every day, learning new things and sharing what you learn.

2) It’s about staying true to your vision but being willing to change your plan if need be.

3) It’s about seeing what works and what doesn’t work and doing more or less of that.

4) It’s about getting out of your comfort zone and being OK with trying new things.

5) It’s about taking daily actions!

6) It’s about going above and beyond the call of duty to help others out.

7) It’s about taking pride in what you do and working on perfecting your craft daily.

8) It’s about conquering your fears and moving forward with fierce velocity.

9) It’s about learning how to take criticism and acknowledging other points of views.

10) It’s about being real, open, honest and transparent.

“I hope these “commandments” help give you a clearer picture
of what it takes to build your online business.

If you have Friends on Facebook that are trying to build
their business on the Internet, please share this with them now,
It will shave years off of their learning curve!

Help your Twitter followers by “Tweeting” this post as well!

What about you? Please share any “commandments” that you
have discovered, that will help our solo entrepreneur
community. Leave a comment below for all of us to benefit from!”

Comments

1. Scott says:

Hey Michael-
    I’ve really noticed that people all over the net seem to be more interested in helping each other out. Maybe it’s that social media “thing” going on. It doesn’t seem as hard core as when you and I started out. You have come a LONG way, bro, keep up the good work!

Scotty

• Mike says:

Yo Scotty, Good to hear from you! I haven’t heard from you since Ken’s get together in Philly. I think all the social media “gurus” give the impression that everyone is warm and fuzzy, but I personally think that it’s “business as usual.”
      Come back and see me, and bring Patty!

2. Yolanda P. says:

It really is ALL about taking daily action! Used to be I would spend all my time deciding what I should do, and I ended up doing nothing. Doing nothing is expensive, trust me!
    Thanks for the info, Michael!

YP

3. .Leeza says:

Yeah Michael, I have always found you to be “real” and transparent. You DEFINITELY don’t pull any “punches!”

Talk soon!- Leeza

4. Great post Mike! All good points that I too have learned along the journey. I would add #11 Be Discerning. I have learned on my journey that networking with others is good, but partnering with like minded individuals is great to help build your success. I get a many invites to ‘work’ with or ‘contribute’ to others causes and projects, and that requires having discernment about who is truly like minded (shared values both personally and professionally)and who I should politely pass on the offer. While being solo works for some and not others, I do think collaborating is very good when it comes to certain projects.

• Mike says:

Hi Angela! I think collaborating with others comes under the heading of “to thine own self be true.” And, that appears to be your philosophy as well. I, too, get many offers to work with others on various projects, and I only accept a small percentage. Thanks for your input!

5. Mike,
    You’ve just nailed how people should live their lives also.

Your “10 Commandments of online business” are great set of ethics to follow for personal life.

If you practice this in your personal life, the overlap to your business life is such a short leap it will happen before you know it. Or, even from business to personal.

Great post Mike

Jerry and Alice

• Mike says:

Hi Jerry & Alice! I appreciate your kind words. And, you are absolutely correct, those “10 Commandments” easily can be adapted to one’s everyday life. I definitely get a sense that it has with you two! Thanks for your input!

6. Yeah, the sad truth is that most of us have to learn online business from the school of “hard knocks”. Glad you came out the other side!

R.S.

7. Louis says:

Hi Michael,

I definitely agree with you that you ahve to be flexible and willing to change your plan. The problem is knowing when to change. Sometimes you ahve so much time and money put in a business model that it makes you very reluctant to change.

You know what I mean?

Thanks for the useful post!

Louis

• Mike says:

Yes Reuben, my education was derived from the “University of Psychological bruising!” It sounds like your’s was too. Louis, you’re right, it is hard to “cut your losses.”
      The key is to get the advice of someone you trust who understands what you are trying to accomplish. DON’T listen to anyone who doesn’t understand your business!

8. Mark Randall says:

I couldn’t agree more Mike! I especially like your “Secret short cut to success!” I can’t tell you how many people call me and ask me if building their business is going to take more than three months or so. Wow!

Thank you for the 10 Commandments, this is a quick bullet points guide for others to follow…something good to have posted on a wall near my computer for sure!

Thanks,

Mark

• Mike says:

Hi Mark, Unfortunately many people believe what they want to believe, when it comes to anything that takes time and effort. Those people will always fall prey to the carnivorous Internet predators. Good idea about “The 10 Commandments”, as I have mine taped to my bulletin board right behind my computer.
      Thanks for your input!